The Evening Theater was amazing…we saw a lot of impressive work.
New this year is a 30 minute real-time section. A presenter interacts with the work to show how it updates (and prove that it is not just a video).
Stand-outs in real-time:
- Flower for the PS3. I’m going to pickup this game.
- AMD’s Froblins. Everything is running on the graphics card, including the artificial intelligence…very impressive.
- Fight Night Round 4. Mike Tyson versus…SIGGRAPH Keynote Speaker Will Wright?!?!? It was hilarious to see Will take down the champ.
Next up: Juried Reel, work selected by the Computer Animation Festival Jury
from hundreds of international submissions. Here’s what I liked best:
- Silhouettes of Jazz
- Barclaycard “Waterslide”
- Toshiba “Time Sculpture”
- Who’s Gonna Save My Soul My cousin Anne’s video!
The last section was the Curated Reel, work invited by the Computer Animation Festival Chair. My favs:
- ILM showed clips from Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, and Transformers. No link for this, but you can see it on Friday’s at noon if you come for a tour.
- Pixar showed its short “Partly Cloudy” (shown before “Up”)