Filed under Gadgets
I ordered my new phone today, a Palm Treo Pro.
It is going to replace my current phone, the AT&T Tilt.
The phone is not available from any carrier. You must buy it unlocked (no contract!) directly from Palm.
What I like...
- Perfect phone form factor: physical keyboard that you can access without flipping open. Also, you can use the phone with one hand and type with your thumb.
- 320x320 display...no need to rotate
- Higher res than my current phone (320x240)
- Thinner than my current phone and much lighter
- Button for disabling ringer
- Button for WiFi access
- Supports 32 GB MicroSDHC cards
- Can see time, missed calls, voice mail status without turning the phone on
- Window Mobile Pro 6.1 (the new texting client is really good)
- Full Exchange support (email, contacts, calendar, task list)
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack...you can use standard headphones
- Can be used as a modem for a laptop, either wirelessly (via Bluetooth) or via USB
- GPS (although I almost never use it on my current phone)
- Uses MicroUSB for charging (which is what my last phone used, so I can use the same cables)
- Touch Screen