I bought my first laptop (a Dell Inspiron 8000) back in 2001. I'm ready for a new one and I think I found it.
What I like about it:
- Light: Less than 3 pounds. My old laptop weighed more than 9 pounds.
- Small: Less than an inch thick...should be able to fit it in my backpack.
- Sturdy: No moving parts when combined with a SSD.
- Nice keyboard for its small size.
- Runs Vista Ultimate
- Has a dual core processor
- Built-in web cam that does face recognition (instead of typing passwords)
- 2 GB of RAM
- Looks cool with the red cover
- Less than $2,000
My new phone can act as a 3G high speed modem (5-10 Mbit/s) via bluetooth. I should be able to hop on the Internet anywhere my cell phone works with faster Internet access than I have at home...without connecting the laptop to anything!
I figure I will mostly use this for web surfing, email, blogging, and programming.
Here is a video review of the IdeaPad U110.