Filed under Gadgets, Movies, Music, Travel, Video Games
I'm going to spend quite a bit of time on an airplane soon, so I wanted to find something to keep me entertained.
I initially thought about getting a Dell XPS M1330 laptop. I was actually one click away from buying it today when I realized the ship date was after the bulk of much of my traveling.
I'm actually glad I didn't get the laptop. I don't travel very often, so the laptop would probably sit unused most of the time.
So the next best thing...an iPod. What I like about the iPod over the laptop...
- Much cheaper ($350 vs. $2,500)
- Much better battery life (7 hours vs 3 hours for watching movies)
- Much smaller (can fit in my jacket pocket)
- Much lighter
- Fast charging (about 2 hours for 80% capacity)
- Less concern about theft
- Should arrive next week
I figure I will load it up with...
- Season 5 and 6 of 24 (from iTunes)
- Several seasons of South Park (from iTunes)
- A few movies I haven't seen (from iTunes)
- Some audio books (from iTunes)
- The 3 video games iTunes has (Ms. Pacman, Tetris, and Sudoko)
- My music collection
Putting everything on the iPod means I don't have to worry about bringing a bunch of DVD's with me.
I decided on the 160GB over the 80GB because of battery life...the 160GB can do 7 hours of video watching on a charge verses only 5 hours on the 80GB.
There are two color choices, black or white. I went with black.
Any suggestions for good audio books, TV, or movies available on iTunes are welcome!