Filed under Xbox 360
I got my Xbox 360 last night. Very cool. I’m anxious to play online against my friends…so add me to your friend list…I’m RGBA . The graphic to the right is my “gamer card.” It is updated in real time. My profile name is “RGBA.” The “Rep” is my reputation. You start with 3 stars and gain stars when people want to play with you. When people avoid playing with you, your Rep goes down. The G is for “Gamer score.” Every game has tasks you can complete that add to your Gamer score. Zone is what type of player I am (Recreation = just for fun, not super competitive). The bottom shows the last 5 games I’ve played.
I used this website to find out who had Xbox 360’s available. I wanted an Xbox 360 standard system (the one with a hard drive). Many of the bundles include lots of games and books that I didn’t care about. I found that Dell had a bundle that was pretty close to what I wanted, for $680 (no mark up on price). Their bundle included:
- Xbox 360 (Console with chrome DVD tray, Hard Drive, Wireless Controller, Xbox Live Headset, Ethernet Cable, Component (HD)/Composite (RCA) video cable)
- 2nd Wireless Controller
- Play and Charge Kit (cable and rechargeable battery for wireless controller)
- 13 Month Xbox Live Subscription Card
- 3 Games (Madden Football 2006, Project Gotham Racing, Kameo)
I found I needed a few more things to get my setup just right, so I ran to Best Buy to get:
- Wireless Network Adapter
- S Video cable (don’t have HD TV yet, and wanted a better picture than you get from RCA cables)
- Rechargeable Battery Pack (so both controllers are now rechargeable)
- Remote Control (In case I start using my Xbox to watch DVD’s)
I ordered from dell.com on Monday and it arrived on Thursday using their free shipping option…not bad!